Our Website has been developed and is operated by Koppers Inc. of 436 Seventh Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA USA, 15219-1800 (“Koppers”, “we”, “our” or “us”), who is the controller of your personal information processed via this Website. Koppers is a subsidiary of Koppers Holdings Inc. of the United States of America.
2. Collection of Your Personal Information
We may collect and process your personal information when you submit it to us in the following ways:
- Communications via our Website or through other forms of communication with us: We collect personal information when you provide it to us through communications via our Website (such as, your name, email address, company name, title, and/or phone number). This includes where you have contacted us through the “Contact Us” page on our Website and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including for customer services support, over the phone, via email or in person.
- Products or Services you request: Where you request a product or service from us, we will collect your personal information to process and/or action your request and otherwise contact you following a purchase. We may ask you to provide personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, company name, title, work address, or telephone number. In order to access some areas of the Website, you will be asked to sign in with an e-mail address and password, such as on our careers page described below.
- Careers: We also collect and process your personal information if you apply to work at Koppers via our careers pages at http://www.koppers.com/pages/careers. The type of information we may collect from you may include name, contact details, personal details, referrals, username and password (for creating an account) education and training details (including qualification, attendance at educational establishments and training received), and employment details (including details of previous employment roles). We may engage a recruiter to assist us in collecting this information from you.
- Using our Website: We also collect and process information related to your use of the Website, such as your IP address, device identifiers, pages visited, pages requested, browser, browser version, operating system and platform, and dates and times our Website was used by the IP address.
- Third parties: Where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect personal information from you, we may also collect personal information from publicly available sources of information and from third parties (such as from our agents and contractors).
If you do not provide us with the personal information we have requested, we may not be able to provide you with products, services and assistance, process your application for employment with or engage you to provide services, as the case may be, to the extent that they each require us to collect, use or disclose personal information.
We do not knowingly collect or store personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 unless or except as permitted by law. ANY PERSON WHO VISITS ANY OF THE WEBSITE REPRESENTS TO US THAT HE OR SHE IS 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
3. Use of Your Personal Information
We only collect and use your personal information to enable us to perform the contract entered into between you and us, with your consent, to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements, or for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, which may include the following:
- to verify your identity;
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to operate and improve our Website and services including making them easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Website or through other forms of communication with us;
- to provide you with more effective customer service;
- performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- displaying content on our Website that are customized to your interests and preferences;
- to communicate with you to provide you information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about as we feel may interest you, as described in the “Marketing” section below;
- when you have requested to receive “E-mail Alerts” from us based on your preferences (such as, for financial reports, news alerts, end-of-day stock quote alert, SEC filings, Annual report and marketing materials); and
- to enable us to consider your application to join Koppers.
We may contact you to provide you with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. You may be contacted by us, Koppers group affiliates, or by one of our selected third parties, in each case where you have consented to receive these communications.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
Even if you have opted-out from our marketing communications, and in accordance with applicable law, we may continue to contact you for non-marketing related purposes.
5. Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Koppers group affiliates;
- our service providers that we engage to provide services for us. Where we provide your personal information to third party services providers, they are required to keep your personal information confidential and secure, and must only use your personal information as instructed by us;
- a prospective seller or buyer in the event of a proposed sale or purchase of any part of our business or assets, and to any eventual buyer so that the buyer can continue to provide you with information and services; and
- our distributors, business partners, or other service providers, including for marketing purposes or where you have chosen to share your personal data through our Website.
6. Security of Your Personal Information
If a password is used to help protect any account you hold with us, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. You should update your password periodically to help reduce the risk of unauthorized access to your account with us. When you do, you should strengthen your password with the combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, punctuation and other symbols. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
7. Storing Your Personal Information
Personal information collected through our Website will be stored on servers located in the United States.
We will only store your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was lawfully collected or as required by law. Where there is no legal requirement, we will only store your personal information for the period specified in our applicable records retention schedule, at end of which your personal information will be deleted or destroyed in accordance with our applicable records management and retention policy. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
For personal information collected by Koppers CM&C Australia, Koppers Australia or Koppers Wood Australia, it will take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify your personal information where it no longer needs the information for any purpose for which the personal information may be used or disclosed, the information is not an Australian Commonwealth record and it is not required by or under an Australian law, or a court or tribunal order, to retain that personal information.
We set cookies (first party cookies) on our Website, however, where we require additional information or services, we also allow other companies to host cookies on our Website (third party cookies). These partner companies have been carefully selected by us and are required to meet contractual obligations they have with us.
(a) Cookies used on our Website
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are essential in order to enable you to move around our site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: also known as “analytical” cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site. For example, they allow us to understand which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
This Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how users use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case IP-anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will be partially used within the European Union or just in the European Economic Area if it is used by other parties. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States, and then shortened so it is only partially used there.
Alternatively, you can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics in the future by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(b) Opting Out of Cookies
For more information on cookies and how they can be managed and deleted please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
9. Your Rights
You should inform us of any relevant changes in your personal information, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable laws and privacy laws (as applicable) we will update or delete your personal information accordingly. To find out what personal information we hold on you or to have your personal information rectified, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to requests within the time allowed by applicable law and will endeavor to respond as accurately and completely as possible.
In certain circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information we hold about you. If access cannot be provided, we will notify you in writing of the reasons for the refusal.
Residents of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’): You may have the right to: (a) request access to your personal information we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal information we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal information we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal information we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal information with the supervisory authority in your country. If your personal information was collected by Koppers CM&C Australia, Koppers Australia or Koppers Wood Australia, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal information as detailed in the “Australian Complaints” section below.
11. Contact Us
12. Does my personal information leave Australia (for Australian Residents)
For personal information collected by Koppers CM&C Australia, Koppers Australia or Koppers Wood Australia, in the course of our ordinary business operations, we commonly disclose personal information to third parties located in the United States.
13. Australian Complaints (for Australian Residents)
If you remain dissatisfied, you can also make a formal complaint with the Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Complaints must be made in writing
Phone: 1300 363 992
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001